Dermal fillers for hand rejuvenation
Hand fillers is a great way to rejuvenate the skin on the back of the hands to give a more youthful appearance. It is a straightforward procedure which takes about 15 minutes and can be performed at Rejuvface CosmetiX co located within North Lakes Doctors.
Changes in the hands as we age
As we age the skin loses elasticity and the skin becomes thinner. Collagen loss also contributes to this thinning effect. Over time the veins and tendons and the bones in the back of the hands becomes more noticeable.
Dermal filler for hand rejuvenation
Dermal filler is a great way of replacing the volume in the back of the hands to reduce the signs of ageing. The dermal filler that we use is made of hyaluronic acid – a sugar found naturally in the body.
Small threads of dermal filler are placed across the back of the hands before massaging the skin
How much dermal filler is used for hand rejuvenation?
We typically start by using 1ml of dermal filler in each hand and review the results in 2 weeks. Sometimes additional filler is placed in the hands at this point to get the desired outcome.
We tend to use a thinner filler which spreads nicely across the back of the hands to give a lovely even result without lumps and bumps.
What happens during the injectables treatment itself?
– The hands will be cleaned with alcohol.
– Ice will be applied to the area briefly before treatment
– The doctor will inject using a very fine needle. Then pressure with gauze will be applied.
Is hand dermal filler painful?
Numbing gel can be used prior to treatment but it is generally a well-tolerated procedure.
Side effects /risks with dermal fillers in the hands:
– Bruising occurs in a significant number of cases.
– Swelling in the injection area will occur. This will last for approximately 48 hours.
– Asymmetry: Sometimes one side is better treated than the other, this is usually because the patient is asymmetrical to start with.
– Infection is a very rare complication, but always a possibility when the needle goes into the skin.
– Necrosis (blood vessel being blocked, interfering with blood supply to the skin) is very rare.
– Need for further treatment: It may take several syringes of products to get the desired outcome.
How much does hand dermal filler cost?
Have a read of the ‘cost ‘page for as full breakdown of dermal filler costs.
We do offer a free initial consultation and a complimentary follow up appointment in 2 weeks.
Instructions for care afterward
– No makeup for 4 hours
– No heavy exercise that day
– No acid face products for 24 hours
– No spas no saunas, no hot yoga for 1-week post treatment
What to expect after the hand dermal filler treatment?
– The effect of the dermal filler will be obvious immediately
– Most of the swelling from the dermal filler will have resolved by 2-3 days after the procedure.
– There may be a small amount of swelling for even 2-4 weeks after the procedure.
What if I get asymmetry at some time before the 2-week point? Do I call the doctor?
No. No need to call the doctor. Sometimes asymmetry will occur because one side is more swollen or bruised. Usually it will right itself by the time of the review appointment. If it doesn’t, then it can be examined at the review appointment. Treating asymmetry too early could lead to further asymmetry
How long will the treatment last?
The answer to this is very individual and depends on the patient’s anatomy, metabolism, the dose, the placement, the product etc. Typically, with our most commonly used dermal fillers, can last from 6 to 14 months.
RejuvFace CosmetX– Anti Wrinkle Clinic North Lakes offer a FREE Initial Consultation.
This helps our cosmetic doctors to familiarise themselves with each client, identify their requirements and tailor a treatment plan that fits their expectations.
Use dermal fillers to increase volumes ,correct or shape lips to create desired appearance.
Using dermal fillers to replace lost volume in the cheeks to provide a youthful appearance
A treatment using dermal fillers to improve the appearance and texture of your rough or wrinkly hands.
Excessive Under Arm Sweating
Anti Sweating Injections are a relatively pain free way to treat excessive underarm sweating
Jaw Line Slimming - Masseter Injections
By injecting muscle relaxing injections into the main muscle that causes the bulk (the masseter muscle), the squareness of the jaw can be reduced significantly giving a slimmer appearance to the face and jaw line.
Get In Touch
07 3204 4433
North Lakes Doctors,
North Lakes Specialist Medical Centre,
Level 1/6 North Lakes Drive ,
North Lakes QLD 4509,